Finding International Skilled Workers
If you as an employer would like to recruit international skilled workers, online job portals are the easiest and cheapest option. In addition to private providers, there are numerous websites from public bodies.
You can share your job advertisement with the International Placement Service (ZAV) at the Federal Employment Agency. They provide support to German companies in finding staff abroad, and give free advice on all matters relating to the recruitment of skilled workers from abroad.
In addition, the International Placement Service publishes profiles of international candidates by specific sectors on a regular basis. Here, employers who are interested can find applicants from abroad and contact them through the ZAV service.
Report your vacancies to the Federal Employment Agency and specify that they should also be advertised on the Make it in Germany Job Portal. This way, you can reach skilled workers worldwide.
If you are looking for an international skilled worker from a member state of the European Union, you can advertise your job on EURES, the European Job Mobility Portal. They have a special section for employers.
Depending on the job profile, there are also other options:
- Advertise on relevant job portals in the respective countries and / or languages.
- Advertise in specialist journals, both online and offline.
- Visit career fairs.
- Advertise on foreign media outlets.
- Contact universities in the relevant countries.
- Contact the Career Services of German universities and colleges.
- Contact partners and networks.
- Contact the German Chamber of Commerce abroad in the respective countries.
We provide international skilled workers with information on various topics eg.:
- Working and living in Hessen
- Opportunities to learn German
- Recognition of professional qualifications
- Education and further education
- All matters relating to supervision and education of children - school, crèche, daycare
We advise businesses on various topics eg.:
- Recruiting international skilled workers
- Integrating them into the work environment
- Queries on immigration law with regard to employment and training of foreigners
District / Cities: City Frankfurt am Main
c/o Agentur für Arbeit Frankfurt am Main
60311 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: 0800 6665788 / +49 69 97172 122
We speak: German, English, Spanish, Russian, Ukranian, Kiswahili
Costs: Free of charge