News & Veranstaltungen
Wages and labor law
Special laws apply to anyone who works in Germany. Labor law regulates working conditions, working hours, dismissals, minimum wage and vacation. We have summarized an overview for you here:
- Employment contracts in Germany are always in written form, never verbal. Take your time and read it thoroughly before signing it.
- There is a statutory minimum wage in Germany. It is currently 9.19€ per hour and all employees are entitled to it.
- The working time for a full-time job is 40 hours per week. According to the law, employees are allowed to work a maximum of 8 hours per day - plus a break of 30 minutes.
- Every employee receives paid vacation. According to the law, at least four weeks. Most employees receive more vacation. Vacation is regulated in the employment contract.
- Anyone who falls ill while on vacation does not lose the vacation, but must present a doctor's note.
- In Germany, there is protection against dismissal. Employees may not be dismissed without cause. Notice periods also apply. An employment relationship can only be terminated with four weeks' notice.
You can find even more information and links here.